Civil society calls on EU Leaders to recognise fundamental role of Cultural Heritage for the future of Europe
3 February 2017
Ahead of the informal summit of European leaders on the future of the EU in Valletta on 03.02.2017, 40 European heritage networks that form the European Heritage Alliance 3.3 are urging EU leaders to recognise the fundamental role of Europe’s shared cultural heritage for bringing people in Europe together. READ MORE
TENDER for subcontracting external expertise regarding policies on INDUSTRIAL HERITAGE for SUSTAINABLE and RESPONSIBLE TOURISM in the scope of Interreg Europe programme project CHRISTA. TENDER is CLOSED!
To receive Tender Specification and Proposal Form, potential Applicants should send a request to email: coordinator(at)culturaltourism-net.eu.
29 December 2016
37 European and international heritage networks, that are part of the European Heritage Alliance 3.3, including ECTN, have sent a joint letter calling on 28 EU Heads of State or Government to fully support the European Year of Cultural Heritage in 2018, and especially to allocate adequate financial resources to the implementation of the Year.
Members of the Alliance also urge the EU Heads of State or Government to seize the historic opportunity of the event marking the 60th anniversary of the Treaty of Rome on 25 March 2017 to publicly recognise that the entire European project has a wider cultural meaning and significance derived from our shared cultural heritage, both tangible and intangible.
Read the full text of the letter with the list of signatories HERE.
ECTN organised a Special Workshop with the theme 'Sustainable Cultural Tourism, European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018 and beyond' in Brussels on 30 November 2016, at EU Info Centre. READ MORE
7 December 2016
ECTN Secretary-General Manos Vougioukas made an intervention at the European Tourism Day event in Brussels on 29th November 2016. READ MORE
6 December 2016
ECTN President addressed Cultural Routes Forum in Vilnius
25 October 2016
President of European Cultural Tourism Network (ECTN), Mr Raitis Sijats, addressed the Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe Forum, which took place at the Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva from 26 – 27 October 2016 in Vilnius, Lithuania. READ MORE
5 September 2016
See ECTN Award 2016 Candidates - 23 destinations from 9 countries across Europe, which have produced significant results and achievements with the focus on theme ‘Intangible Heritage Tourism’ at local, regional, state or European level.
European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018 announced with particular reference to sustainable cultural tourism
2 September 2016
ECTN greatly welcomes the EYCH 2018 and will strive to incorporate its activities into the EYCH programme. READ MORE
ECTN signs the European Tourism Manifesto for Growth & Jobs. READ MORE
16 June 2016
TENDER for subcontracting external expertise regarding policies on INTANGIBLE HERITAGE for SUSTAINABLE and RESPONSIBLE TOURISM. Tender Specification. Form.
14 June 2016
EU project to protect and preserve European natural and cultural heritage assets and to deploy them for the innovative, sustainable and responsible tourism strategies
31 May 2016
CHRISTA project started in April 2016, involving 10 partners from 10 EU Member States regional and local authorities, as well as tourism authorities in 9 EU regions. READ MORE
ECTN is pleased to welcome again previous members re-joining in order to benefit from the activities and strong membership !
Counts for Europe
compelling evidence of the value of cultural heritage and its impact on Europe’s economy, culture, society and the environment
- ECTN welcomes new member to the network from Poland - Podkarpackie Regional Tourism Board, 18.05.2016
- European Commission announces 2018 as ‘European Year of Cultural Heritage’ proposal, 20.04.2016
- ECTN welcomes new member to the network from Georgia - Caucasus International University, 07.07.2016
- ECTN Welcomes new member to the network from Croatia - City of Jastrebarsko, 04.04.2016
- ECTN welcomes new member to the network from Sweden - University of Gothenburg, Department of Conservation, 24.02.2016
- European Tourism Indicator System ETIS joint conference 2016 on Managing and Promoting Sustainable and Accessible Tourism Destinations
- ECTN welcomes three new destination members to the network from Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Serbia
- Former EU Commissioner for Culture becomes the first Honorary Member of ECTN
- Cultural Tourism Conference 2015 on Industrial Heritage held in Riga
- Awards for 'Destination of Sustainable Cultural Tourism 2015' go to Poland, Cyprus and Latvia
- New Member of the Board elected at General Assembly
- ECTN welcomes seven new members to the network from Poland, Romania, UK, Spain, Croatia, Portugal and Greece in 2015
- ECTN signed 'Memorandum of Understanding' with 'Alpine Pearls'
- ECTN supports ‘European Industrial and Technical Heritage Year 2015’
- CoR events Flash May / June / July 2015
- Cultural Tourism serves about half of cruise passengers
- New project ideas were presented at the INTERREG EUROPE launch event 'Europe - let`s Cooperate!'